We welcome the 2.2.3 release around a month after 2.2.2 (we are getting consistent). Another important milestone in the GD 2.2 series.
Security related fixes: This flaw is caused by loading data from external sources (file, custom ctx, etc) and are hard to validate before calling libgd APIs:
- fix php bug 72339, Integer Overflow in _gd2GetHeader (CVE-2016-5766)
- bug #247, A read out-of-bands was found in the parsing of TGA files (CVE-2016-6132)
- also bug #247, Buffer over-read issue when parsing crafted TGA file (CVE-2016-6214)
- bug #248, fix Out-Of-Bounds Read in read_image_tga
Using application provided parameters, in these cases invalid data causes the issues:
- Integer overflow error within _gdContributionsAlloc() (CVE-2016-6207)
- fix php bug 72494, invalid color index not handled, can lead to crash (CVE-2016-6128)
- improve color check for CropThreshold
- gdImageCopyResampled has been improved. Better handling of images with alpha channel, also brings libgd in sync with php's bundled gd.
This is a recommended update.
On a sidenote, we have now a gitter channel if you have any questions or like to discuss with us, gitter, in addition to our "#libgd" freenode channel.
You can download the 2.2.3 version of GD Graphics Library from the libgd project.
Check out the full commits list since the previous release.